The Pentax K-1 Mark II continues with the successful concept that distinguishes the predecessor, a camera for photographers who settle with nothing less than the best in terms of build and image quality.
The new model uses the same rugged and weatherproof yet unusually compact body as before, with a unique screen that can be tilted in all directions and a large and clear viewfinder with approximately 100% field of view. But new technology has been developed that makes the K-1 Mark II an even more capable camera for handheld photography or when you want to capture moving subjects.
Noise reduction chip provides ISO 819 200
The heart of the camera is a 36.4 megapixel full-frame sensor that delivers incredibly detailed images that are sharp and crisp right down to pixel levels, due to the lack of a low-pass filter.
In the K-1 Mark II, Pentax has placed a special noise reduction chip between the sensor and the Prime IV image processor, which means that the new camera delivers even better image quality at high ISO levels, and the camera's sensitivity range has been expanded up to ISO 819 200. An improvement of two stops compared to the predecessor's already impressive maximum sensitivity, ISO 204 800.
Pixel Shift Resolution II
As before, the camera also offers 5-axis image stabilization achieved by moving the image sensor to compensate for camera shake. It allows you to shoot with up to 5 stops longer shutter speeds than you would normally have to use to get sharp, handheld images.
The amazing Pixel Shift Resolution technology, first introduced in K-1, now has a new, smart mode called Dynamic Pixel Shift Resolution, specially designed for handheld shooting. In this mode, the camera takes a series of exposures in rapid succession and automatically detects the minimal differences in the subject's position that occur between each exposure. It is used to create a combined image with details that otherwise end up between the pixels. This not only leads to an image with super-high resolution but also more color information and even less noise. The function can also be used with the image stabilization active.
The new technology is known as Pixel Shift Resolution II and like the previous version, long shutter speeds require a tripod for best possible result.
Faster and better AF tracking
Pentax K-1 Mark II has an advanced autofocus with 33 AF sensors, 25 of them cross-type that can focus on both horizontal and vertical lines. It works at light levels down to -3 EV, so dark that you can barely see the subject.
With the help of new, enhanced algorithms the autofocus has now become even faster and better at tracking moving subjects in the AF-C mode (continuous autofocus).
- 36.4 megapixel full-frame sensor without low-pass filter
- Compact, rugged and weather-proof body with metal covers
- Built-in 5-axis image stabilizer with 5 stop advantage
- NEW: Special noise reduction chip provides even better image quality at high sensitivities and increases range of ISO settings up to ISO 819 200
- NEW: Pixel Shift Resolution System II for images with super-high resolution and even lower noise. Now works with both tripod and handheld shooting
- NEW: Faster autofocus and improved subject tracking with AF-C mode
- 33 AF sensors, 25 of them cross-type, and autofocus at light levels down to -3 EV
- Continuous shooting at 4.4 fps, up to 17 images in RAW or 70 images in JPEG
- Optical viewfinder with 100& field of view
- Tiltable 3-inch screen with 1.037 000 dots
- Video recording in Full HD (1920x1080 pixels, 60i/30p) and external microphone input
- Assist light: Four LED lamps placed around the camera to illuminate controls
- Dual SD card slots with several options for storing your images and videos
- Built-in GPS plus Wi-Fi for wireless transfer of images to a smartphone or tablet
- Built-in Astro Tracer -- capture sharp images of stars even at long shutter speeds
HD Pentax-D FA★ 50mm f/1.4 SDM AW is a high speed lens made to cover the image circle of a full-frame sensor (but works fine also with APS-C sensor where it gives a focal length equal with 76,5 mm). It has a minimum focus distance of 40 cm and uses a Supersonic Direct-drive Motor, SDM, to provide fast and quiet focus. Weather protection in the form of rubber seals makes this lens suitable for shooting in tough conditions.
- Beautiful bokeh
- Full-frame compatible (can also be used with APS-C)
- Fast and silent autofocus
- Weather resist
- Short minimum focus, 40 cm
- SP-coating (Super protect), protect the front lens against dirt and grease