HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6ED DC AW
This super-telephoto zoom lens has been developed to cover focal lengths from 150mm to 450mm --- a focal-length range most demanded by high-end PENTAX-camera users. It features the PENTAX-original, high-grade HD Coating to produce extra-sharp, high-contrast images even under demanding lighting conditions such as in backlight.Its dustproof, weather-resistant body also makes it extremely dependable and durable in demanding outdoor conditions.
1. Super-telephoto coverage with three-times zoom ratio
When mounted on a PENTAX K-mount SLR camera body, this zoom lens covers a super-telephoto range from approximately 230mm to 690mm in the 35mm format. It is designed to be compact and light enough to handhold during long-range shooting of such subjects as wildlife, aircraft and sports.
2. Outstanding image description
Thanks to its state-of-the-art optics featuring three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements and one super-low dispersion glass element, this zoom lens effectively minimizes spherical and chromatic aberrations, while producing crisp, high-quality images free of color bleeding. As the result, it not only assures brilliant, high-resolution images without compromising the sharpness at edges even when mounted on an existing PENTAX digital SLR camera body, but it is also capable of accepting future models with larger image sensors without modifications.
3. HD Coating to optimize image rendition
This lens is treated with the high-grade, multi-layer HD Coating.* Compared with conventional multi-layer coatings, this PENTAX-original coating assures higher light transmittance and less reflection to deliver bright, high-contrast images free of flare and ghost images, even under demanding lighting conditions such as backlight.
* HD stands for High Definition.
4. Dustproof, weather-resistant construction
Developed as an AW (All Weather) model, this zoom lens features a dependable dustproof, weather-resistant construction with 21 special seals to prevent the intrusion of water and dust particles into the lens interior.
5. Newly installed three-position switch for Quick-Shift Focus System
The lens is equipped with the PENTAX-developed Quick-Shift Focus System, which allows the user to instantly switch to manual-focus operation after the subject is captured in focus by the camera's AF system. In order to improve its operability, a three-position switch is newly installed on this lens, allowing instant switching among QFS/A, QFS/M and MF modes.
6. Four AF buttons installed on the lens barrel
In order to provide more stable AF operation and better hold of the lens regardless of the camera's orientation --- horizontal or vertical --- this lens provides four AF buttons on its barrel --- one at every 90 degrees.** The user can assign preferred settings to these AF buttons, including: a Focus Preset mode to preprogram the focus position and instantly shift the focus to that position; and an AF Cancel mode to intentionally fix the focus at a desired point during Continuous AF operation.
** The PENTAX K-3 is currently the only model to accommodate the AF button functions. To activate these functions, the camera's firmware must be updated to the latest version.
7. Other features
- Smooth, quiet AF operation using a lens-installed AF driving motor
- Round-shaped diaphragm to produce a natural, beautiful bokeh (defocus) effect, while minimizing the streaking effect of point light sources
- Focus range limiter to minimize AF operation time by fixing the focus range to one of three sub-ranges
- SP (Super Protect) coating to keep the front surface free of dust and stains
- Zoom lock lever to prevent the lens barrel from free-falling
- Detachable tripod mounting with a newly designed anti-falling mechanism
- Filter: 86mm